Here is the launch of the "Senior-Act"!
The Senior Act, Our commitment to the younger generations.
Intergenerational solidarity is probably one of the most noble issues of our time. If there is one that needs the strongest support, it is probably the senior's to the young. Because our future - because we still have a future! - does not only depend on them, it also depends on what we can bequeath to them, transmit them to them. Not only know-how, experience, but also optimism and positivism about the future. Because we needed this optimism and positivity to get where we are today.
This is the goal of the creating a movement, a spontaneous stream, informal, which aims to support young people, without formalism, without any rigidity, through meetings, direct contacts, crossings.
This movement is called: SENIOR ACT.
Senior Act expresses itself by the simple wearing of a t-shirt, on which is written: Senior Act! Your future interests me! We walk in the city to several seniors, with t-shirts in English, French and other languages. The current is borderless, and young people love to meet seniors of many origins. The exchanges are richer, more open. The most profitable results as the world produces opportunities.
Senior Act's statement of intent and commitment is summarized in the following images and lines:
- We, seniors, qualified or considered as such, believe in the future and that of our children.
- Therefore, aware of the problems and challenges of a world in full mutation faced by many young people around us, we are committed to support, assist, encourage, advise, guide, by all means we consider necessary so that they face the obstacles they must overcome to successfully create, initiate, innovate, achieve as they see fit.
- We participate in a current we call Senior-Act. We create it because we represent a considerable power, a social force of millions of seniors, experienced, intellectually and physically very active, with resources from our paths, successes, failures, trained, honed, hardened, confident.
- We each individually, the force available to young people, in all simplicity, because we believe in their ability and willingness to always constantly make the easy world to live and help them undertake the challenges they face.
- Senior-Act is an informal movement, manifested by concrete, spontaneous and daily behaviors.
- Being a member of Senior-Act is expressed by a gesture, a smile, a pot offered in a bar, a conversation at the corner of a street, an outstretched hand engaging dialogue and encouraging intergenerational solidarity action: