Who are the sailors involved in Sailors for the future?
By nature, all browsers like to get involved in this type of activity, they are supporters of intergenerational transmission. But above all, if they are "intellectually rich and available".
For these young people we meet, be received by navigators from several countries, from all walks of life, is a source of motivation and recovery, better, and often confirmed a strong emotional source that encourages them to move.
All sailors nationalities, all origines, all sources of experience are welcome.
- The pleasure of sharing their ideas, their expertise.
- For these sailors, the future is a course, there is always a possible weather window.
- There are hundreds of foreign vessels permanently present in marinas or anchored in moorings.
- They can come once, twice every week ... for a few hours.
- The process of organization of Sailors For The Future is lightweight, informal, it fits all.
The spirit of the meetings
Young people are considered preferably individually or in groups if they want to make a project with a team.
They are welcomed the first time by two or three browsers maximum, preferably from several countries, to print a dimension and a multi-international opening from the beginning.
This can change, depending on the projects, the sensibilities, the affinities. Then the program is defined according to the needs. But the principle of the weekly appointment works well. This allows mariners to make contacts, think, and young people to work on projects between two appointments.
The course of the first meeting
- Browsers present themselves first, to put young people at ease, in the most factual way possible: origin, personal background, career path, past navigations, countries encountered.
- Then they ask young people about their curriculum, their lives, their desires, their projects, their routes, the difficulties encountered. They attempt to detect their own qualities, their sensibilities, their social and family ties.
- We do not hesitate to take notes.
- In all cases, it is essential to encourage young people to make a CV, a kind of synthesis between their achievements and desires. Optimising the CV with them, adapting to different languages or rules of different countries to which young people are searching.
- Draft action hypotheses, by successive interrogations by successions of ideas by imagination ....
- After the first verbal exchange, a draft personal project creation plan is realized, defined stages, the role of each specified.
- Appointment is made for the next week.
The meeting place: The Bar
Why have young people in a bar? Why not on a boat?
- Because they are sailors that go to the youth, and not the opposite.
- A bar is an open, friendly, warm, easy to access place.
- The bar is a place frequented by sailors, and by young people, it's the perfect informal meeting.
- The Bar that matches these criteria will be selected close to a marina, harbor or anchorage.
- This place symbolizes the spirit of a meeting under the banner of the International.
The follow-up of the young people
The approach is : accompaniment, council, stimulation, the incentive. support, of the assistance, catch in consideration. It is essential that the young people are implied, that tasks, are defined and distributed between the young people and the sailors.
Examples of projects:
- Business creation: Support for the creation of added value, competitive analysis, business plan implementation, establishment of a team of associates, operating rules, business model ...
- Writing Curriculum Vitae, adaptation to models depending on the targeted country, translation, evaluation.
- Research internships, short-term experiments
- Youth coaching staff without specific project, analysis of the personal profile, search sensitivity, skills .., developed a potential research plan.
- training of research, private study ... Proposal training followed via internet search MOOC,
- Proposal of connections with existing networks ....
If you want to know more, do not hesitate to send us a few lines to: firstname.lastname@example.org